Spending time with the elderly is worthwhile and rewarding. There is always a need for young volunteers—both male and female, high school and college age—here at our Home. Our Residents enjoy having young visitors!
Youth service options include:
- Assisting Residents in wheelchairs to get to and from daily Mass.
- Helping to serve meals to our Residents.
- Playing cards and other games with the Residents.
- Adding new faces and extra one-on-one attention for Residents during parties, Bingo and field trips.
- Helping in the linen room folding small items.
- Providing music and entertainment—our Residents always enjoy performances by school groups and individuals.
- Youth groups or school classes could sponsor a bingo party or another special activity.
The Hospitality Club is a great opportunity for young women ages 12–17 to share their contagious joy and youthfulness with the elderly. The group meets one Saturday each month between 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Each Saturday meeting includes:
- Mass with the Residents and Little Sisters.
- Serving the Residents their noon meal.
- Sharing a meal and fellowship with the Little Sisters and each other.
- Activities with the Residents in the afternoon.
- Hospitality Club members also help out with holidays and special events.
If you are interested in joining the Hospitality Club contact us at 804-248-0101 or email@example.com