A visit from you would truly brighten the day of our Residents. Whether you come to assist them get from their room to the dining room at lunch, or stroll with one of them in our garden while listening to their life experiences, your presence touches the elderly who live here.By volunteering regularly or for special events, you will experience happiness yourself as you offer the Residents companionship and joy! When you give your time and energy, you will quickly discover that giving just a little gives you a whole lot in return!
Adult Volunteer Opportunities:
- Driving Residents to and from medical appointments.
- Performing "hidden services" such as folding clothes, ironing, chapel assistance, sewing, cutting and peeling vegetables, etc.
- Assisting with serving Residents' meals.
- Assisting with activities including bingo games, monthly birthday parties and seasonal special events.
Baking with our Residents or Sisters.
- Adopting a Grandparent (visiting 1-2 Residents on a regular basis).
- Helping with fundraising events, such as the French Food Festival and Christmas Bazaar.
- Sharing your musical talents to entertain the Residents.
- Church groups or office groups can adopt Residents for a holiday or sponsor an activity or bingo party.
- Corporate volunteers and organizations can participate in group or individual projects that are one-time projects or ongoing service projects.
These choices are far from exhaustive. If you don’t see something that interests you, the Sisters are very receptive to an area of interest that you may wish to introduce. Talk to us about it! The possibilities are as great as the charity in your heart!
If you are 19 years of age or older and are interested in volunteering, please complete the Adult Volunteer application [PDF] and then contact Sr. Colette at (804) 377-4605 or email@example.com to receive a tour of the home and discuss how you would like to gift your time and talents to make the Residents happy!
If you are 18 years of age or younger and are interested in volunteering, please click here to learn more about youth volunteer opportunities.