We strive to fill our Home with a spirit of joyful hospitality, embracing all with open arms, hearts, and minds to nurture a true sense of family. We extend an open invitation to anyone wanting to tour our home. Please call 804-288-6245 to schedule a visit.
- We foster a home away from home, and strive to have Residents feel like part of “the family," while respecting their freedom and privacy.
- We assure secure, attractive and clean surroundings and allow Residents to decorate their rooms in their own personal style as space and safety permit.
- We strive to provide the best level of medical care possible, but we go beyond that to minister to our Residents emotionally and spiritually, making them happy and communicating to them the tenderness and mercy of God.
- We embrace the collaboration of many dedicated staff members, volunteers and benefactors who are the extended hands and hearts of the Little Sisters.
- We create a loving and lively home, encouraging an active lifestyle. We believe that giving the Residents the opportunity to participate in recreational, social, and volunteer activities—no matter how small—fosters the feeling of belonging and being useful and involved.
- The compassionate care and accompaniment of the dying is the summit of our ministry, and it is our goal that no one die alone. We assure a prayerful and attentive presence to those who have entered the dying process.
- We adhere to all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, especially those concerning the sanctity of human life. We reject all forms of euthanasia and assisted suicide, and we protect our Residents from these practices, as well as from all forms of abuse and neglect.
“We must know how to efface ourselves by humility in all that God asks of us, as being only the instruments of His work." – Saint Jeanne Jugan