Love is key to the care of the aged here at our Home. All of our services are designed around creating a home-like atmosphere to give our Residents the care they need and deserve. The experience of more than 143 years has given the Little Sisters the knowledge and intuition of the concerns and needs of the elderly poor—security, loving care, esteem and the desire to feel useful.
Levels of Care Include:
- Independent Living – Jeanne Jugan Pavilion
- Assisted Living – Holy Family and Our Lady of Lourdes Units
- Nursing Care (Medicaid certified) – St. Jeanne Jugan Unit
What makes our home unique?
- The Little Sisters live on-site and have a consistent presence in the home as administrators and caregivers; available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the Residents’ care.
- The dignity of the Resident is the #1 priority in our home. All Residents get up and dressed daily, and have their hair done and nails manicured regularly.
- We take a spiritual approach to aging, as evidenced by our chapel, which is open for Residents of all faiths; daily Mass and rosary, for those who wish to participate; regular availability of the Sacrament of the Sick.
- The Little Sisters assure a constant presence, day and night, with Residents who are dying, offering support to family members as well.
- Assisted Living and Nursing Care rooms are single occupancy.
- Many Residents volunteer to help in various areas of the Home according to their abilities, which contributes to a family-like atmosphere.
Regular medical services are provided on-site and include physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy, medical, podiatry, and dental services.
“Do everything through love…. Love God very much, so that you can look after the Old People well. …For it is Jesus whom you care for in them.”– Saint Jeanne Jugan