“Remain little…hidden by humility, in all God wants from you, as being only the instruments of His work." – Saint Jeanne JuganSaint Jeanne Jugan envisioned hospitality as a humble, fraternal service uniting in one family those who wish to serve Jesus Christ in the person of their elderly brothers and sisters. Established and approved by the Vatican in 1998, the Association Jeanne Jugan shares in a committed, ongoing way in our mission of hospitality to the needy elderly. AJJ members come from many different backgrounds and collaborate with us in many ways, each according to his or her talents, interests and family/professional obligations.
The Association Jeanne Jugan offers to Catholic lay men and women 18 years and older the opportunity of sharing in the spirituality of the Little Sisters of the Poor, of participating in their mission of hospitality, and of helping to spread the charism of Saint Jeanne Jugan where they live and work.
Potential members are selected to participate in a yearlong formation program. Membership is formalized by an annual promise, which the Association members renew together on May 1st, the feast of St. Joseph the Worker.
The Association members meet several times throughout the year in order to continue deepening their understanding of the spirit of Saint Jeanne Jugan.
A.J.J. activities at our home include:
- Serving as lectors and Eucharistic ministers
- Driving Residents for outings and appointments
- Visiting Residents who are hospitalized, room-bound or in need of special attention
- Spending quality time with Residents through friendly visits
- Helping with the meal service
- Assuring a comforting presence with the dying Residents
- Helping with fund raising activities such as waffle breakfasts and bake sales
- Helping the Activities Department with celebrations for feast days, holidays and other special events
- Participating in periodic spiritual events, such as retreats, prayer services and pilgrimages
If you want to learn more about Association Jeanne Jugan, please contact Sr. Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org